Buddy Ball, a joint venture of the Wayne County Parks & Recreation Department and the Wayne County Special Education Parent Liaison, offers and opportunity for children with disabilities to participate in little league sports such as softball, soccer, fishing, basketball, and swimming with both typical and exceptional peers.
The program is geared toward the promotion of community inclusion and is open to all students between the ages of 3 -21 years. It encompasses children served through Early Intervention Pre-K, the special education population, and age appropriate peer volunteers. The project has been in operation for 7 years and has seen a steady participation. The first softball season alone welcomed 35 athletes and by the soccer season number had increased to 69 players. It is expected that the growth will continue because of the large number of exceptional children served in our community. For more information contact us today!
- T-Ball Registration will begin in February. Season begins in April.
- Soccer Registration will begin in August.
- Basketball Registration will begin in December.
- Our summer programs are flexible but fun and include fishing, Saturday cookouts, swimming, and picnics.
- All activities for this program are on Saturday’s.
Click below to print off the 2015 Buddy Baseball Registration Form to fill out and drop off at the WCRD office.
Location: 400 Hinson Mosley Rd, Jesup, Ga. 31545
Phone: (912) 427-5915
Fax: (912) 427-5945.